Sunday, June 20, 2010

An Apple for the Teacher

An Apple for the Teacher
oil on board
5x7
With the end of the school year fast approaching, I thought it would only be fitting to post this painting I did as a salute to teachers! The apple represents the traditional, cliche gift for the teacher, while the trail of seeds represents the learning, both educationally and spiritually, that
teachers facilitate in their students. I have known a lot of wonderful teachers over the years, and the ones who are truly dedicated to their students make a lasting impression. I will forever have a place in my heart for Mrs. Tupper, Mrs. Stephanson and Mrs. Jackson, who were teachers of mine, and Miss Chalmers, Miss Mekechuk, Mrs. Sylvestre and Mrs. Grieves, who taught my children, and of course, my dear friend, Tammy Watt, who continues to dedicate her life to art education.

1 comment:

  1. Impressive that you remember all you teachers! I have a photo of buttons that you must see, by a fellow photo blogger. I thought you might like it.
    http://whereilivephotos.blogspot.com/2010/06/standing-out-in-crowd.html

    ReplyDelete