Sunday, April 4, 2010

And so it began...

Losing my Marbles
5 x 7
oil on board

I have been a painter for twenty years. I have learned through endless trial and error, books, magazines and workshops, but in November, 2009, I embarked on an adventure - "30 Paintings in 30 Days". Now, this may not seem like a huge endeavour, but although I devote a great deal of time to creating art, I also have a full-time day job and four children. Thirty paintings in the same number of days was a massive undertaking that required a great deal of dedication and discipline... it was certainly worth the effort! I learned more in that thirty days than I have learned in the past three years. I was thrilled to see my brushwork, color mixing and editing improve dramatically. Most of all, I learned the value of daily effort toward the improvement of my craft. And so the focus, and sometimes, addiction, began...

No comments:

Post a Comment